Welcome

Welkom op de nieuwe blog van Isabel Van Buynder !

U zult regelmatige updates krijgen van wat de trainingen, de bezigheden en resultaten zijn gedurend heel het jaar.
Veel plesier in het bezoeken van deze nieuwe blog !

Bienvenue sur le nouveau blog de Isabel Van Buynder !

Vous aller avoir des updates reguliers concernant les entraînements, les activités et résultats durant toute la saison.
Ayez plaisir a visiter ce nouveau blog !

Welcome on Isabel Van Buynder's new blog !

You will have regular updates concerning the training, the activities and the results during the whole season.
Have fun visiting this new blog !

Monday, February 11, 2013

World Championships in Schladming Austria


Hi Everybody !!

Hope everyone is doing well !!! Here I am one week into my  World championships experience in Schladming,  Austria !!!
The speed events are over and I survived !! lol I had a lot of fun doing speed, I forgot how much fun it was to ski at such high speed and to be in the air.
Unfortunately, the SG got cancelled after bib # 36 due to the fog. Wednesday I skied my first DH in 2 years and the first time with the new skis in the DH training it went quite well, the 2d DH training was better by a second.
On Friday we did the Super Combined (DH and SL), I skied a little to conservatively on the DH run but 7,78 sec behind, with some good speed checks and a couple good sections, then the SL run I skied it quite conservatively as well but made a few mistakes and got caught in the back a few times. In the end came in 29, a top 30, I am really happy about the result. Saturday we took a day off, I spend some time relaxing, working out and studying.
Sunday I did the DH, it was great fun, a little mad at myself for making a mistake in the carousel but the end result still wasn’t bad, came in 35th. 
The Javelin performance coatings are amazingly fast, I got some good speed checks in.

I have to thank my coach Shelley, her depute Wendy for their great work and bringing some happiness into skiing …

Those 2 ladies are making history for being the first all women coaches at this level ! Chapeau to them !! J

I also thank the amazing Javelin performance coatings, POC, Squire Johns, Active life, SXS fitness for their help and support.

I also thank al the people that have been supporting me to continue… my adoptive family, my friends, supporters and acquaintances !




2 more events to go !!!! GS and SL !!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment