Welcome

Welkom op de nieuwe blog van Isabel Van Buynder !

U zult regelmatige updates krijgen van wat de trainingen, de bezigheden en resultaten zijn gedurend heel het jaar.
Veel plesier in het bezoeken van deze nieuwe blog !

Bienvenue sur le nouveau blog de Isabel Van Buynder !

Vous aller avoir des updates reguliers concernant les entraînements, les activités et résultats durant toute la saison.
Ayez plaisir a visiter ce nouveau blog !

Welcome on Isabel Van Buynder's new blog !

You will have regular updates concerning the training, the activities and the results during the whole season.
Have fun visiting this new blog !

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My trip to Europe !!!

Hi everybody !

First of all, I apologize for the late update due to safety purposes.
I just came back a few days ago from a nice trip mainly to switzerland for a month of ski training.
We got there earlier then the team and started of with some free skiing and testing of the new equipment from Fischer I am on this year. This new equipment is working well for me, I am glad about my new partnership with Fischer and hope to continue so on.
After a couple days of freeskiing we started the training in gates in GS,  hopping in with some very kind Italiens. That went pretty good. The team my coach and I were going to work with arrived and then we did a good 6 days of slalom training. We worked a lot with some drills to get the right mecanics, and try to reproduce in the gates what we were working on in the free skiing. I have to admit that sometimes I would get frustrated because my expectations were to high for a beginning, I have the tendency to be a little perfectionist sometimes and I thank my coach for being so patient.


After those 6 days of Slalom we had a day off where we played some soccer until the ball ended up in the river and some beach vodlleyball. Some good times, when you lean your iron to a kid and he comes back hand it to you but totally forgot he just unplugged it and feels really badly for it afterwards it is pretty funny.
After our day off we did some GS training in the gates, same thing as in SL starting of with some drills in and out the gates works well.


We had 3 days of good training in GS and then our 2 last days no ski because of the bad weather.
The conditions were great, we had 2 weeks of nice weather even do we can see that over the years the glacier is suffering from the heat and melting pretty fast.


After those couple weeks for training I had a 4 day trip to Geneva, brussels and Paris which brought me up to get my student permit, to be a student in Canada. It was nice to see a bit of Brussels, and to finally see the eiffel tower. I thank a friend for giving me a tour of Paris in two hours, that was great. Tomorrow starts my first day of university, I am really exited !!!

 
 
I would like to thank my coach, the team we worked with,  active life, Fisher and my friends for supporting me, without you guys this wouldn't be possible .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment