My apologies for the late update.
After almost 2 months on the road I back in Toronto.
The past week has been interesting, it was my first time participating in NORAM's.
They took place in Panorama, BC, nice area, with lots of animals around. lol.
We started of with the super-g and the Super combined, I was expecting a better result but considering I had the new skis and most of the rest of the field had the old radius, I am not to upset about it. Especially because it was a very flat and short course it was a significant disadvantage.
In the GS I definitely wasn't there bur I was also a bit burned out after 2 months of training, racing and traveling, so we decided to take the next day of GS off.
It was a good idea because it allowed me the next to perform better in the SL, I came in 14th, i could have skied that course with more risks but it was very tricky and easy to blow out if you were making mistakes so I skied it quiet conservatively.
The second day of Sl was a rough day for everyone I think, the set was really challenging, only 29 girls out of 84 made it to the bottom of the course, I wanted to take some more risks, which I did and I was having fun until I blew out 10 gates before the end.
The slalom course was pretty though but with the conditions I love, steep and icy.
It was an interesting week and I learned a some stuff about self awareness and know my fatigue levels.
Know took a flight back home while my trainer is driving through the country, I am picking up a friend at the airport and then in a couple days we'll be in Quebec for some races !
No comments:
Post a Comment